Saturday, July 13, 2013

Guest spot - Little Butterfly Wings!

My guest spot for Little Butterfly Wings started this month! Val creates such fun designs that 
are a little retro, a little funky, and a lot of amazing. I'm so thrilled to be on the team for the next two months. I've already worked with some fantastic designs. I have 4 pages to share with you!

In this first one, I used Disco Party, a collab by Little Butterfly Wings and Mari Koegelenberg. It is a very rad 1980s themed kit - lots of tubular word art and elements. I am trying to scrap my personal history for my children, and this awesome kit inspired me to make a page about what happened in the world the year I was born. I love the results!

Next, I know I wanted to use the Gone Squirrelly papers, elements and word art to create a page about our recent camping trip. The color scheme is so fun and down to earth. I know I'll use it for more pages about this trip! And I crazy love that banner.

Little Butterfly Wings' contribution for The Lilypad's July Build Your Own Collab were Lemonade Stand papers, elements, and journal cards. I was inspired by the journal cards and the fresh color scheme, and I created a layout in honor of one of my favorite drinks. It was actually selected as a Gallery Stand Out at MyScrapbookArt.com recently, my very first GSO. I'm really pleased with it!

Val's newest release is Away We Go, a mega collab by  Little Butterfly Wings, Allison Pennington & Micheline Martin, along with some fantastic coordinating journal cards. I knew it was perfect to use for our recent vacation travel photos, and I think I was right. I love how this layout turned out! Isn't it fun? I think my favorite thing is that fabulous alpha.

That's all for now! I really look forward to working with more of Val's amazing designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment