Thursday, August 15, 2013

Summer with SuzyQ Scraps!

Several months ago, SuzyQ Scraps moved her store over to scrapbookgraphics.com and I guess with the change of stores, her regular creative team were getting overwhelmed a bit by all the products Suzy was releasing, so Suzy sent out an informal CT call. I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the "
Hopefuls" to work through some of her designs! I am so thrilled to be chosen, as Suzy had given me some advice on what I needed to work on a few months ago. Definitely feeling blessed!

This first layout is made with one of Suzy's newest collections, Second Chances. Look at this gorgeous color scheme! I love how the deep navy gives weight to the page but the orange and lime keep it fresh. I also used the Simple Story Grids 6 - perfect for journal card usage!

I already had Suzy's Champions kit, and I knew it was perfect for these photos of my second son at his 3rd grade track-and-field day. When I saw the coordinating NEW journal cards, I had to use them! I love the bright color scheme. It would be great for Color Run photos too! (Now to find a race to sign up for...) I used another template from Simple Story Grids 6 as well!

This may be one of my favorite layouts of all time! Sweet Boy and the new coordinating journal cards were my design elements for this one. The color scheme is soft yet still boyish, and it matched perfectly with the photos I just took of Bram for his half birthday. 

Finally, I used Sweet Girl and the matching journal cards to scrap this layout with an older photo of my baby sister. I love the pops of bright yellow! It's such a modern girly color scheme.

That's all for now! I'm already making my list of what to work with next from SuzyQ Scraps... So much loveliness to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment